Asalamu alaykum wa rahmatuLLAHi taAla wa barakatuh,
What was the name of the khawarij groups in Islamic history who were famous for seizing small cities and establishing there their “Darul Islam” and can you cite scholars of their time about them or advise me where to read about them?
Alaykum Salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh,
There were many such groups and they are identified and described in the
– Imam al-Ash`ari’s Mawqalat al-Islamiyyin;
– Imam Abu Mansur al-Baghdadi’s al-Milal wal-Nihal;
– Imam Abu Mansur al-Baghdadi’s al-Farq bayn al-Firaq;
– Imam al-Shahrastani’s al-Milal wal-Nihal;
– Ibn Hazm’s al-Fisal fil-Milal wal-Nihal.
Hajj Gibril Haddad