My Father has been returned to His Lord. I have few Questions. JazakAllah Khayr. Any further advise on coping at this difficult time will be much appreciated.
1. Is it permissable to read the Qur’an on behalf of the deceased. If so, is it permits able to share portions between people to finish it?
2. What are the best of deeds one can do to benefit their deceased parent?
3. Is there a recommended time one should mourn for?
4. How should a son or daughter help their mother who has lost her husband (and their Father). Any recommendations?
May Allah Most High grant your father Paradise.
1. Yes to both questions.
2. Du’a and sadaqa.
3. Three days and no more.
4. Through kind presence, listening and support. Also, for a son, financial support.
Hajj Gibril Haddad