Human Images

Question:

Assalam o Alaikum,
This is addressed to the staff of eshaykh… i hope u don’t mind.. but i really wanted to say this…..
It is a known fact that Islam does not permit drawing sketches or photographing living things, especially human figures… I feel uneasy when i open up the eshaykh home page, as it shows images of mawlanas or religious men with beards and caps on the very cover page.. As islam does not permit human figures, therefore I think it would be better to replace these images with picture of a mosque , quraan paak , quranic verses or simply flowers or stars etc… plz pay attention…
Thank you all!!

Answer:

In a similar post, Shaykh Taher Siddiqui said, “For those who object so strenuously on this, let them destroy their passports, identity cards and all their money, before objecting to our mashaykh.

Read about the use of pictures here.

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.