Talaq

Question:

Aaslam o Aalikum
My husband give me 3 divorce in anger. When we ask some one he told as that’s one divorce. After that time we are fight and I’m mostly living with a depression problem. We had really bad fight again and I ask him to give me talaq… He doesn’t want to give me talaq, but everyone force him to divorce me then he write a letter to me. He wrote the he doesn’t want to give me divorce but I want divorce to from him. That’s why he give me talaq talaq talaq, full three divorce. Now some people told me that’s one , so I’m really upset. what I do in this condition? Plz help me and explain to me about this if I one then I go back.to his house……

Answer:

After your husband pronounced triple Talaq you are supposed to try to reconcile during the waiting period of three menstrual cycles with the help of well intention mediators. If you break the waiting period by engaging in sexual intercourse you are deemed to have been reconciled, but if you don’t and the waiting period is over then the divorce takes place.

Imam Senad Agic
Head Imam (IABNA)
The Islamic Association of Bosniaks in North America
American Islamic Center – Chicago

This entry was posted in Family Issues and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.