Marriage without “attraction”

I have found someone to marry and he wants to marry me but I do not love him as he loves me. He is good in religion and in Sufism, maybe the best heart I have ever known for Allah swt. I don’t have physical attraction to him or feel that “spark” as when I have been in love before. I do not want to hurt him and I feel he deserves the best in love and marriage. I don’t know if I should leave him out of mercy for both of us or wait and see if my feelings change. I was married before but my husband found other women and we divorced. He says everything will change with marriage, I do not believe this, I think if we don’t have this equal attraction now, it will never be there.

In a previous post Shaykh Gibril Haddad said, “Love will grow, it does not precede marriage.” Please read the answers given here and here.

This entry was posted in Marriage/Divorce. Bookmark the permalink.