Does Islam deem animal testing as a sin?

Assalam Walaykum,

I have seen movies and read books in the perspective of abused animals in hospitals being tested and mistreated. I know that some are for shampoo, medicine, make up, but it is never worth it to hurt an animal and I read in a hadith that if you are kind and save an animal, it is like being kind and saving a human being which makes it as if you saved the entire human race but the same goes the other way if one kills or mistreats them.

Please see Shaykh Gibril’s response in the Post “Use of animals in testing medicine.”

This entry was posted in Halal & Haram and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.