I want to get a khulla


I am 2_ year girl who had a nikkah done with my first cousin. The marriage has not been consummated. Things are not working out for us my parents are seeing the nikkah breaking apart, and now I cannot stand my cousin any more. He does not pray. I haven’t been able to tell my parents this. So my mom wants everything to be better because she feels if I get a divorce then our families reputation will be ruined. I have gone into depression cause of this, and my parents are not seeing the fact that I am very unhappy with him. I really want a divorce. And I do know know who to go to. Whenever I talk to my mom about this I tell her that I have no feelings for him she complains and yells at me. I’m very helpless. I need a solution.


You or someone you know should look for an alim to talk to you parents to warn them of the sin they are committing by forcing you to this kind of nikah.

Imam Senad Agic
American Islamic Center – Chicago
Majlis #1 Head Imam (IABNA)

This entry was posted in Family Issues, Marriage/Divorce and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.