Please tell me about adab of ziarah to Wali maqam:
– Adab when we will depart from home.
– Adab on the way
– Adab in the maqam
1) Consult and make arrangements for your family before travel.
2) Make niyya.
3) Any day and time of day are permissible according to convenience, but best day of departure is Yawm al-Khamis (Thursday) and best time of day is the morning.
4) Give a sadaqa even small and say the dua of travel when leaving the house or at least Bismillah wa tawakkaltu `ala Allah wa la hawla wa la quwwata illa billah.
5) On the way keep your purpose in mind. If such purpose is to please Allah, then you are already in `ibada from the time you set foot out of your house.
6) On the way make sure your party are comfortable and do not put undue stress on them such as comfort and food-wise. Hadith: “It is not pious to do voluntary fasting when travelling.”
7) Keep all salat and obligations and keep custody of your eyes and speech.
8) In the maqam, approach with respect just as you would do in front of a live person, and begin by giving salam to the Prophet (s), his family, his Companions, all Anbiya, all Awliya, and then the person in the maqam (Sahib al-Maqam).
9) Recite Fatiha, Surat Yasin or part of it, Qul Huwa Allahu Ahad from 3 to 11 times, the Mu`awwidhat, La ilaha illallah (x10) Muhammadun Rasulullah, then Salawat (x10). Then make dua, then Du`a of Ihda’ to the Prophet (s) and Mashayikh including
Sahib al-Maqam and Fatiha. Give salam and leave.
Hajj Gibril Haddad