Marriage Partner of my Choice


Salam Ya Shaykh and Eshaykh Staff,

I love a woman whom I wish to marry, but my parents want me to get married to someone else what should I do because I don’t think they will allow me to marry my choice.


wa `alaykum salam,

If your parents refuse to give their consent to marry a moral woman and instead seek a corrupt person for you, then you don’t have to follow their course of action. I hope that is not the case. Therefore, seek the blessings of your parents.

Imam Senad Agic
Head Imam (IABNA)
The Islamic Association of Bosniaks in North America
American Islamic Center – Chicago

This entry was posted in Family Issues, Marriage/Divorce and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.