My father walked out one night on us and has left us for a woman he’s been committing adultery with for a number of years. He has since not payed for me or my siblings maintenance and doesn’t want anything to do with us. My mum was wondering if you could ask Shaykh Nazim if it’s ok for her to file for a divorce as financially we are struggling and our father won’t sign the house over to us even though we are an have payed for it. However many people are discouraging her from doing so, so could you please help us?Jazakallah


Alaykum Salam,
If no maintenance of wife for a year then she can obtain divorce and let her stay in the house and show all the papers proving she has paid for it so she can keep it for herself and her children.

Hajj Gibril Haddad

This entry was posted in Marriage/Divorce and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.