- Qur'an & Tafsir (168)
- Hadith (303)
- Takhrij (46)
- Sunnah (283)
- Belief & Doctrine (667)
- Dream Interpretation (5,689)
- Prayer Request (3,687)
- Health (670)
- Sufism (Tasawwuf) (2,643)
- Permission (481)
- `Ibadat – Worship (1,102)
- Family Issues (1,915)
- Marriage/Divorce (872)
- Halal & Haram (905)
- Women's Issues (333)
- General (988)
- History (184)
- Prayer request for a stage 4 prostate cancer patient
- hearing surah Ikhlas in dream.
- Prayer for my son
- unknown old man in love with me
- Number of Sayyidina Adams عليه السلام
- Feeding one’s family with sihr earned
- Pray for me shaykh
- Why is there a difference of opinion regarding tampons?
- Energy and feathers
- I need someone for some hadith book to collect for me and it will be helpful
- Ayat ash-Shifa (Six Quranic Verses of Healing)
- I love someone so I need the permission to recite dua
- What is Dua of Hazrat Dawood (as)?
- Benefits of reading Durood Nariya
- DUA for having baby boy
- The Most Powerful Wazifa
- Reciting “ya Hayyu, ya Qayyum” before dawn
- Wazifa for the baby boy
- Dua to look attractive
- Is it compulsory to use Jazakillah for females?
Asalamualiekum Sh Gibril
In Pakistan they are calling out Adhans at night in this time of difficulties. What is the Islamic ruling on it as some people are asking. It is outside of regular calls to five prayers.
It is a permissible sunna according to Shafiis and Hanafis in particular contexts such as the pandemic the world is presently experiencing, as the Prophet (upon him blessings and peace) said:
الطاعون وخز أعدائكم من الجن
“Pandemics are from a jab by your enemies among the jinns” (Musnad Ahmad, Tabarani, Hakim),
and adhan is recommended at the time of tamarrud al-jinn (mass jinn hostility), as stated by Imam al-Haytami in Sharh al-Minhaj, in Hashiyat al-Ramli and others, and endorsed by the Hanafis such as in Ibn `Abidin’s Hashiya, as it disables them for as long as Allah wishes as well as reminds people to read the Mu`awwidhat (last three Suras) and other verses the Prophet recommended against them such as Ayatul Kursi and the end of al-Baqara, make istighfar, rise and pray voluntary prayers, make dhikr, and trust in Allah.
Hajj Gibril Haddad
This entry was posted in Hadith, Health, Salat - Prayer, Sunnah and tagged coronavirus, jinn, jinn attack, Pandemic. Bookmark the permalink.
Information on this site is NOT intended or implied to be medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Those should only be sought from your physician or appropriate health care provider. This information is only provided as an information resource and is NOT to be relied on for diagnostic and treatment purposes. It is NOT intended as patient education, and NOT a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment and does NOT establish a patient physician relationship.
The owners and participants on this web site expressly disclaim any responsibility, and shall have NO liability for any loss, injury, damage, or other liability whatsoever suffered as a result of your reliance on or use of the information on this site. The owners and participants do not endorse any specific procedure, test , or treatment mentioned on this site.