Invalid money?


Asalaamu Alaykum.
Recently I bought into a share, however now I have realised that the share company I had bought into is shariah non-compliant, what do I do with my profits Do I keep them as at the time I was unaware or do I give it away?


As-Salamu ‘Alaikum,

In case where one has already accumulated money in ignorance, and he now wishes to dispose of that illegal money, the scholars are of the opinion that one may take this profit (similar to interest money) with the intention that he wants to rid himself of this evil gain, and give it away to some charity without seeking any reward from Allah SWT for this spending.

Dr. Senad Agic, Imam
SABAH – Chicago
9920 Grand Ave
Franklin Park, IL 60131

This entry was posted in Halal & Haram, Zakat & Sadaqah. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.