Firstly my respected Salam to Moulana Sheikh Nazim and Sheikh Hisham Kabbabi and also to all murreds. May Allah bless you all for your good deeds.
1. Can I request to please clarify whether we can recite Surah Fatiha on dead person in the Grave Yard ? I heard from few people that we cannot read Quran or Surah’s in the grave yard. Is it True ?
2. Can we recite Surah Fatiha in Funeral Prayers too?
As far as I know, no salat is accepted without Surah Fatiha. If Surah Fatiha is not recited during Funeral Prayers, how can that be called prayer.
wa `alaykum salam,
1. Yes you can certainly recite any surah over a dead person in the cemetery.
2. There is no restriction in reciting Surat al-Fatiha.
3. The Hanafi position is to recite Subhanak Allahumma wa bi-hamdika… (Thana) after opening the takbir and not to recite al-Fatiha according to Ibn Abidin.
Imam Senad Agic, Ph.D.
Head Imam (IABNA)
The Islamic Association of Bosniaks in North America