Privacy when it comes to dreams

Question:

Assalamu aleikum to everyone,
I really appreciate this website and everything the eshaykh.community has been doing to benefit Maulana’s followers. Almost everyday I read the different questions and comments posted to learn and hopefully better myself.
There is something I find very frustrating though. When it comes to dreams, I feel like few actually require legitimate interpretation while the majority are beautiful, spiritual dreams that people want interpreted and perhaps told, “Great, you are a good person, continue.” Doesn’t the posting of blessed dreams such as, http://eshaykh.com/dreams/allah-vocie-dream-of-holy-prophet-pbuh-and-many-awliyah/, simply encourage the ego and make other people who have not had such dreams jealous? I think that unless there is real abiguity that must be addressed in a dream, not everyone who dreams of something good should share it with the world.

Salam.

Answer:

Wa `alaykum salam,

We feel you. Thanks for sharing your insights. Don’t feel we are encouraging anyone to become jealous. Each person will respond according to his/her level, so try to look in the mirror. Please refer to Imam Ghazali’s  Fighting the Ego.

This entry was posted in General, Sufism (Tasawwuf) and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.