Paradise in exchange for sending salams on Rasul’Allah (saw)?

Question:

My Dear Shaykh Gibril, Assalam alaikum wa rahmatullah.
I was reading the following article:  http://www.masud.co.uk/ISLAM/misc/salawat.htm

And it mentioned this:
17 For one who sends blessings on him (may Allah bless him and give him peace) it is glad tidings in his life that he has been granted his place in Paradise as is mentioned by Al-Hafiz Abu Musa in his book on the matter, for which he brought Hadith as evidence.
I wondered if you were aware of this work and whether you Рif you have time sometime Рcould perhaps adduce some of that hadith evidence from the book, as it is a really rather wonderful glad tiding for sinners like myself.

Answer:

`Alaykum as-Salam,

The translation should say, “for which he cites ‘a’ hadith as evidence.”

The article is translated from Abwab al-Faraj, by Shaykh Muhammad b.¬†`Alawi al-Maliki. The latter’s list reduplicates a passage in Ibn¬†al-Qayyim’s book Jala’ al-Afham, which also fails to mention the hadith¬†in question. However, Imam al-Haytami does mention it in al-Durr¬†al-Mandud fil-Salat wal-Salam `ala Sahib al-Maqam al-Mahmud, and from¬†there its text and sourcing can be adduced thus:

Hakkama bint `Uthman b. Dinar said: my father `Uthman b. Dinar narrated¬†to me from his brother Malik b. Dinar, from Anas b. Malik, that the¬†Prophet (upon him blessings and peace) said: “O people! Truly the safest¬†among you are on the Day of Resurrection are those who invoked blessings¬†upon me the most in this world.”

It is narrated by:

Рal-Khatib al-Baghdadi in Sharf Ashab al-Hadith (Hatiboglu ed. p. 56-57 §113  `Amr Salim ed. p. 110 §107).

РQawwam al-Sunna al-Taymi al-Asbahani in al-Targhib wal-Tarhib (Sha`ban ed. 2:317 §1667).

Рal-Daylami in al-Firdaws (`Ilmmiyya ed. 5:277 §8175), and Ibn Hajar adduced its chain in his Zahr al-Firdaws (4:275).

Hakkama was accused of forgery by al-`Uqayli in al-Du`afa’ (3:200), his¬†encyclopedia of weak narrators; however, the truth of the hadith is¬†confirmed by al-Tirmidhi’s hasan report: “Those who most deserve me/closest to me on the Day of Resurrection are those who invoked¬†blessings on me the most in this world.”

Blessings and peace on the Prophet, his Family, and all his Companions.

Hajj Gibril Haddad

This entry was posted in Hadith and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.