Music, Halal or Haram?

Question:

Can I request that all those who read this post make Fatiha for our beloved Shaykh, and all his deputies. I was just asking the legality of music within Islam. There are obviously many opinions on this topic and so I am requesting some reasoning and proofs on why we (in our tariqah) generally accept use of it. In no way am I intending to convey any disrespect. I depict myself as merely a follower of my Shaykh, and all those who sincerely love him. I just needed clarification on this point.
Sorry for my lack of adab, Salaam.

Answer:

This issue has been addressed numerous times here on eshaykh.com. Please read here.

This entry was posted in Halal & Haram and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.