Bissmillahi r’ahman r’rahim, Assalamualaykum ya Mawlana Shaykh Hisham
First I would like to thank you for your last visit to Jakarta. I humbly ask for your advice about several things :
1. I really hope I’m going for Umrah on my next birthday, do you think I may do that or I should save the money for Hajj. I beg for your prayer so that I can go to baitullah.
2. I also want to go back to college to improve my career, but it’s hard to decided what major to choose.
3. For the last 2 years I have been close with someone and have plan to get married. Do you think we should go on? Sometimes I just don’t feel sure but about it.
JazaakAllah, Mawlana may Allah S.W.T bless you and your family.
wa `alaykum salam,
1) save for hajj, but if you know yourself that you will not save and will end up spending the money, then go for `umrah, but if you have not gone for hajj, try to save the money up and go.
2) whatever your heart feels like doing, do istikhara, and then send us what you see in the dream and we can answer on what major to study. But what comes to my heart for you is either Information Technology or Medicine as they are in need of doctors in Indonesia.
3) don’t let Shaytan play with you. You know her very well for 2 years, and she knows you, so go ahead and get married. As the Prophet (s) said, an-nikahu sunnattee, marriage is my Way, my Sunnah, wa man raghiba `an sunnatee fa laysa minnee, and who doesn’t follow my Sunnah is not from me.” Marry as soon as possible, save you from falling in to haram.