Lack of Confidence and Anxiety Issues

Question:

Assalam-u-Alaikum,

Hope you are in the best of health. Excuse my lack of Adab. I have a very serious problem of anxiety and lack of self-esteem and self-confidence. Whenever I’m around people outside of family, I lose my confidence and it shows through my entire body, my shoulders slouch, I cannot make eye contact, my speech is affected and I cannot conversate freely or in the manner I usually do with my family. The change in my personality around non-family members is so drastic that I cannot carry on my life properly, so I try to avoid every possible socializing opportunity and sulk at home, frustrated with myself. School is also a big mess due to this problem. Please tell me what I can recite to get my confidence and self-esteem back so I may be able to overcome this huge weakness in my personality

Answer:

InshaAllah you may follow Shaykh Gibril’s advice in the Post “Anxiety“.

For self-confidence, see answer #6 in the Post “Daily Awrad“.

This entry was posted in General and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.